You will never get closer to nature than you will do in the Zwin Nature Park.
The park’s cabin trail will guide you through many exciting points or huts.
A nature close-up for all ages
Discover our different cabines:
- A feeding hut from where you can admire birds from really close up
- The story hut, where our birds are ringed and several presentations are given
- Two laboratories, a 'freshwater laboratory' unique in Belgium and a 'seawater laboratory'
- A listening hut where you can listen to various bird calls
- A listening dune to enjoy all the sounds of nature
- An island hut to watch our water birds
- A forest hut to enjoy the story of our storks or make discoveries
- The stork tower to view our storks - at the same height as their nests!
What about using a small net to fetch up freshwater creatures (beetles, dragonflies and salamanders) so as to examine them under a microscope together with the Zwin guides?
The observation hut
From the observation hut, you have a splendid view of our breeding island. There are several telescopes available to admire the birds close up.
Forest or story hut
In the forest hut, you can read a nature story, or, on the holiday trails, listen to the Zwin guides read nature stories.
A guide is also present in the Observation Centre. Part of the Observation Centre has been equipped as a real Freshwater Laboratory. Here, you can see creatures that were fished from the creeks on the Zwin Plain. The Zwin Plain is an intertidal area into which water from the North Sea flows. The creatures displayed here are entirely different to those in the Freshwater Laboratory. You can examine shellfish, shrimps, crabs, cockles and anemones visible on the crustaceans.